16 December 2009

Dad's are always right

This is a start to a piece of writing that I'm currently working on. It's going to focus on more of a descriptive side of writing that I'm currently exploring. Enjoy

The walk started from the small hamlet of Elterwater, in the Langdales. Heading up the small valley, Langdale Beck to the right of us. Slate mines everywhere, huge chunks of the stuff. We decide to cut across the valley, narrow channels full to the brim with water attempting to reduce the amount of it standing in the flooded fields. A steep sided hill presents itself,my dad refusing the fact that I'm right. We end up walking a further 2 miles than what we're supposed to. All I think os is missing the pub. I see Elterwater below. It's beckoning, but still my dad refuses to trust my navigational skills. Had we travelled the way I wanted to go, We would've seen some awesome watter falls. But no! Dad's are always right

No comments:

Post a Comment