1 March 2011

Practicals Aren't On Today (behind it all)

I can't believe my friend Pete and I turned up to practicals yesterday.  We should have checked the notice board and then we would have realised they'd changed our practical dates.  Thanks university of Cumbria.  So with us both getting up early to be there we decided not to waste the day and head out to play with our cameras.  Lets say a new lens and some filters have now been added to my wishlist and I will be living off vegetarian chilli and cereal for the forseeable future.

These first set of images were taken with my Canon 7D and Pete's 16-35mm l-series wide angled lens. I love the distorted effect it gives.







The photo below was taken with a neutral density graduated filter.  This reduces the exposure to a selected area by 3 stops.


A Lee Big Stopper was then added to the mix to create the effect below.  It allows a longer exposure to be taken to make moving objects appear blurred or ghost like.  I really like how the water seems dense like cloud.


The next two photos were taken using my 7D and Pete's 24-105mm l-series zoom lens.  It makes the pictures incredibly sharp and it's definitely another lens I would consider purchasing.



Thanks goes to Pete Clark for trusting me to use his lenses and filters with care and for driving round the Lakes

No comments:

Post a Comment