17 June 2010

Summer Adventures

Now that I finally have the car back from the grasps of my brother the weather in Cumbria has actually taken a turn for the better. Tim and I decided to make the most of this and do a short ride around Askham Fell. The sounds were marvelous, the wind was just littered with bird song and the sun shone hotly for the entire time we were out.





The second trip was an outing to Black Moss Pot on Langstrath Beck. We saw the sunny weather here (in Penrith) but driving up the Borrowdale valley it soon became clear that it was going to be cloudy although humid. The walk up past Stonethwaite was pretty straight forward, every pool we passed looked extremely inviting and we made mental notes as we went on.


You know how walks always seem longer when you don't know where you're going? Well Black Moss Pot was exactly this kind of situation for me. It wasn't far at all but the walk seemed to drag for miles. As we arrived music blared from some speakers and I instantly knew the local youths were hanging around. I wanted to go back to the places we had seen previously but Sammie was adament on jumping in here and seeing what it was like. As soon as I saw she was enjoying it despite the youths above us, I knew I had to have a piece of the icy cool waters.


Having splashed around for a while we pulled on some layers and walked back down to the pools we had seen before. On entering them it was noticably colder and refreshing in comparison to Black Moss Pot. However it didn't put us off swimming and crawling behind waterfalls. We then finished the day by drying ourselves in the sun on a flat, hollow sounding grass verge.

Although I enjoy university, and learning, I think life is meant for days like these
.
All photos courtesy of Tim Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment